2011 marks the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet. During these 100 years the company developed over a hundred different types of cars, vans and trucks. All of those cars, vans and trucks have something in common: they all contain speedometers.
Speedometers are those kind of items you look at thousands of times during your live, without ever really noticing. You notice the speed, not the meter. And if you do notice the meter chances are you don’t realize someone actually designed it. The company probably even did some research beforehand. Research regarding the readability of typefaces, the right size of the numbers and the space between them.
- Sep 17, ’14 The calculus of contagion In the battle against disease, the difference between a raging epidemic and a passing fever comes down to a single number
- Sep 15, ’14 A Glorious Sunset
- Sep 15, ’14 A wonderful La Brioche Lunch on the Day of the Lord
- Sep 13, ’14 The Slow, Inevitable Death Of Cable TV
- Sep 11, ’14 Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies