Smart cities with devices chatting to each other may dot the planet in the near future
Cities could soon be looking after their citizens all by themselves thanks to an operating system designed for the metropolis.
The Urban OS works just like a PC operating system but keeps buildings, traffic and services running smoothly.
The software takes in data from sensors dotted around the city to keep an eye on what is happening.
- Sep 17, ’14 The calculus of contagion In the battle against disease, the difference between a raging epidemic and a passing fever comes down to a single number
- Sep 15, ’14 A Glorious Sunset
- Sep 15, ’14 A wonderful La Brioche Lunch on the Day of the Lord
- Sep 13, ’14 The Slow, Inevitable Death Of Cable TV
- Sep 11, ’14 Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies