They won’t be racing but BMW’s famous Art Cars will be back on display. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art will feature four of BMW’s 16 art cars until Feb. 24.
Among the four are some of our favorites:
– Roy Lichtenstein’s 1977 Group 5 320i with its wild wing and body work.
– Frank Stella’s graph-paper 3.0 CSL.
– The 1979 Group 4 M1 that Andy Warhol painted with a brush.
All three cars raced at Le Mans with their new paint jobs.
Robert Rauschenberg’s 1986 6-series was not a race car and, with its more conventional bodywork, seems far more restrained than the rest.
- Aug 31, ’14 What does one ask a hermit on Mount Athos?
- Aug 28, ’14 1st 4K/2K Odyssey 7Q Sequences from Beunos Aires’ Ezeiza International Airport
- Aug 25, ’14 Faith & Money or Money & Faith; Chobani + 16% & The Dolar Azul
- Aug 24, ’14 Enchanting: Casa de Campo La Paya Near Cachi, Argentina
- Aug 15, ’14 Paris Time Lapse