They won’t be racing but BMW’s famous Art Cars will be back on display. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art will feature four of BMW’s 16 art cars until Feb. 24.
Among the four are some of our favorites:
– Roy Lichtenstein’s 1977 Group 5 320i with its wild wing and body work.
– Frank Stella’s graph-paper 3.0 CSL.
– The 1979 Group 4 M1 that Andy Warhol painted with a brush.
All three cars raced at Le Mans with their new paint jobs.
Robert Rauschenberg’s 1986 6-series was not a race car and, with its more conventional bodywork, seems far more restrained than the rest.
- Jul 30, ’14 The Best of Peter Drucker
- Jul 23, ’14 For Arab Christians and secular Arab nationalists, Isis may be the death knell
- Jul 19, ’14 British Government Picks Illumina to Sequence 100,000 Genomes
- Jul 18, ’14 Zoella herself barely watches TV: “My generation, at least the ones I know, are like 70-30 YouTube”
- Jul 18, ’14 The news that business doesn’t want to hear