The Calendar I’d seen on previous Permissions, and the Calls (while annoying) I’m pretty sure had been there too. But check out the exact wording of the SMS/MMS Permission, and that of the Contacts one.
Doesn’t that alarm you as a user? Read that wording again, especially this statement:
This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.
Wow. Just… wow. Not even my wife gets access to my SMS messages (and no, Jacki, I have nothing to hide!). What honest and useful reason can Facebook have to get access to my texts? Seemingly they’re running with the “It will help us target better” message.
- Sep 17, ’14 The calculus of contagion In the battle against disease, the difference between a raging epidemic and a passing fever comes down to a single number
- Sep 15, ’14 A Glorious Sunset
- Sep 15, ’14 A wonderful La Brioche Lunch on the Day of the Lord
- Sep 13, ’14 The Slow, Inevitable Death Of Cable TV
- Sep 11, ’14 Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies