The orthodox vs. the unorthodox: Tata, Tesla and Toyota. Why might an asymmetric competitor lose and a symmetric competitor win?
We begin with Tesla and Apple. We continue with aluminum vehicles and re-visit information asymmetry as Horace exploits it to buy a Mercedes on eBay.
We talk about car APIs (Aux input jack and ODBII) and much, much more.
A brief discussion considers the perils of endless line extension up and down the market, perhaps fueled by financialization.
This is a good one.
Asymcar 10: Asleep at the switch | Asymcar.
- Sep 17, ’14 The calculus of contagion In the battle against disease, the difference between a raging epidemic and a passing fever comes down to a single number
- Sep 15, ’14 A Glorious Sunset
- Sep 15, ’14 A wonderful La Brioche Lunch on the Day of the Lord
- Sep 13, ’14 The Slow, Inevitable Death Of Cable TV
- Sep 11, ’14 Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies