The orthodox vs. the unorthodox: Tata, Tesla and Toyota. Why might an asymmetric competitor lose and a symmetric competitor win?
We begin with Tesla and Apple. We continue with aluminum vehicles and re-visit information asymmetry as Horace exploits it to buy a Mercedes on eBay.
We talk about car APIs (Aux input jack and ODBII) and much, much more.
A brief discussion considers the perils of endless line extension up and down the market, perhaps fueled by financialization.
This is a good one.
Asymcar 10: Asleep at the switch | Asymcar.
- Apr 23, ’14 Panoramas & Photos: Tufte + Feynman @ Fermilab
- Apr 21, ’14 To Tell Your Story, Take a Page from Kurt Vonnegut?
- Apr 20, ’14 Chocolate Consumption, Cognitive Function, and Nobel Laureates
- Apr 17, ’14 Farewell Letter
- Apr 15, ’14 Palacio del Gobernador (Merida) Panoramic Images & Fernando Castro Pacheco Murals