hi Tao was sentenced to 10 years in prison after “illegally providing state secrets to foreign entities”.
His crime was to have e-mailed details of the Chinese government’s plans to handle news coverage of the 15th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre in 2004. Yahoo! provided crucial information in the case, linking the message and e-mail account with Shi ‘s computer. Reporters Without Borders accused Yahoo! of acting as a “police informant”.
- May 22, ’13 How the Decline of the Traditional Workplace Is Changing Our Cities
- May 22, ’13 Whey Too Much: Greek Yogurt’s Dark Side
- May 22, ’13 The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- May 21, ’13 In defense of digital freedom
- May 21, ’13 Surveillance and the Internet of things