|www.zmetro.com local election information|
|November 7, 2006 Fall Election: [RESULTS] |
Madison Schools Referendum | Attorney General | Governor | US Congress | US Senate
Polling Locations: Fitchburg Madison Maple Bluff Shorewood Town of Madison VOTE!
- New school at Linden Park PDF Map (new school is in the lower left corner of this 09/2005 attendance area map)
- Financing for more classroom space at Leopold School
- Revenue cap relief via refinancing (What does "revenue cap relief" mean?)"Removing this debt from underneath the revenue cap, thus allowing the Board of Education to save programs/services, will cost the owner of an average-priced home ($239,400) $9.89 per year for 6 years."). This is a way to increase spending (albeit a small amount in the District's $332M+ budget) via the movement of debt from one bucket of funds (those limited by state revenue caps) to another. I'll post information on where these funds would go once it is available (4th grade strings back from the dead?). Changes to the already approved 06/07 budget requires 5 board votes (out of 7) rather than the typical 4.
More on this from Lawrie Kobza and a number of readers.
- Support Smart School Management - Wisconsin State Journal Editorial
- Poor Management Compels "No" Vote by Thomas G. Ragatz
- Thorough Analysis Supports "Yes" Vote on School Referendum by Lawrie Kobza
- Don Severson & Vicki McKenna discuss the Referendum [mp3] 11/6/2006
- Another Referendum - WKOW-TV
- Vote No to Stop Sprawl by Dan Sebald
- Madison School Board Meeting Minutes Relevant to Current and Future Building Referenda
- More Madison School Building Referendums on the Way? by Susan Troller (with a few interesting comments)
- Don Severson & Vicki McKenna on Negative Aid, Local Media Coverage of Schools and the Referendum [MP3 Audio]
- A 'yes' vote for schools ensures a better future by Jacob Stockinger
- Madison Schools Need Yes vote by Beth Swedeen
- Madison Schools Referendum Targest 3 Problems by Andy Hall
- TJ Mertz's YouTube Video Clip on the Referendum
- Building new school on west side is best long-term solution by Angie Hubbard
- MMSD Referendum: Where's the Beef? [video] WKOW-TV
- CAST Pro - Referendum Internet Advertising
- Referendum Yes Moves Schools Ahead by Marisue Horton
- One Question Wraps up $23.5M Referendum - Channel3000
- School Question Lost in the Shuffle? by Susan Troller
- Facts & Questions about the 2006 Madison School District Referendum by Don Severson
- New Westside School - A Long Term Perspective by Peter Gascoyne
- Support Our Schools - Vote Yes Nov. 7th - Michael Jacob @ Progressive Dane.
- Notes from a MMSD Referendum Session: Danya Hooker
- Links & Notes on Wisconsin's Tax Climate
- Falling Need for a Westside School as Housing Starts Dramatically slow?
- The State of The City's Schools
- Vote Yes for Madison Schools - Johnny Winston, Jr. 10.8.2006
- Don Severson / Vicki McKenna on the Referendum Numbers [09.29.2006]
- Dissecting the Dollars: MMSD Referendum Nears [9.27.2006]
- Madison School District 11/07/2006 Referendum Page | Referendum video
- Communities and Schools Together - Vote Yes for Schools website
- East / West Attendance Area Task Force Links
- May 2005, much larger Leopold referendum information (failed)
- Historic Madison School District attendance, staffing and spending data assembled by Sarah Kidd
- 2006 / 2007 $332M budget information (24,490 students as of 9/2005)
- District quick facts [pdf]
- What might be on voter's minds November 7?
- Phil Brinkman on local property taxes and income growth.
- Boundary changes with and without a successful referendum. [Details (pdf): Yes | No]
- Open government complaints regarding the District's purchase of the Linden Park site. [Original open records complaint with commentary]
Jean Hundertmark Barbara Lawton Leon Todd First Candidate Debate: Taxes & Spending [Real Player]