Even as Sprint tentatively rolls out the XOHM network here in the States, the largest Indian telecom company is planning to build a mobile WiMax network covering three states on the subcontinent capable of serving 250 million people. State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is leaning on Soma Networks to build the broadband-speed network in response to government requirement that 20 million broadband lines be in service by 2010. The WiMax rollout will first hit the largest and most-connected states, but BSNL is planning on extending the network if things go well.
- Jul 23, ’14 For Arab Christians and secular Arab nationalists, Isis may be the death knell
- Jul 19, ’14 British Government Picks Illumina to Sequence 100,000 Genomes
- Jul 18, ’14 Zoella herself barely watches TV: “My generation, at least the ones I know, are like 70-30 YouTube”
- Jul 18, ’14 The news that business doesn’t want to hear
- Jul 13, ’14 Panoramas: A Splendid Evening at Spring Green’s American Players Theatre