Even as Sprint tentatively rolls out the XOHM network here in the States, the largest Indian telecom company is planning to build a mobile WiMax network covering three states on the subcontinent capable of serving 250 million people. State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is leaning on Soma Networks to build the broadband-speed network in response to government requirement that 20 million broadband lines be in service by 2010. The WiMax rollout will first hit the largest and most-connected states, but BSNL is planning on extending the network if things go well.
- Dec 6, ’13 Small Business Owner Analyzes Health Insurance Costs
- Dec 6, ’13 Applebees automates, and brings a new world of jobs one step closer
- Dec 5, ’13 Big Automakers Won’t Build the Car of the Future, Small Inventors Will
- Dec 5, ’13 Arguments Fly During FTC Workshop on Native Advertising
- Dec 5, ’13 How Crazy is the Auto Financing Frenzy?