As the business models for serious journalism continue to erode where will we get the quality media we need as a society to make important decisions about our future?
I’ve been warning people: “Special interest groups will gladly pay for the media they want you to read, but you won’t pay for the media you need to read.”
Software engineers have a saying: GIGO, garbage in, garbage out.
If you start with garbage data you will get a garbage result. That’s the future we are heading towards, a future where our media is corrupted with information that serves the goals of special interest groups.
Take a look at Australia where multi-billionaire mining magnate Gina Rinehart has been trying to acquire Fairfax Media, publisher of top newspapers, in a bid to counter anti-mining forces. We’ll see more of that as newspapers and other traditional media continue to weaken.
- Aug 31, ’14 What does one ask a hermit on Mount Athos?
- Aug 28, ’14 1st 4K/2K Odyssey 7Q Sequences from Beunos Aires’ Ezeiza International Airport
- Aug 25, ’14 Faith & Money or Money & Faith; Chobani + 16% & The Dolar Azul
- Aug 24, ’14 Enchanting: Casa de Campo La Paya Near Cachi, Argentina
- Aug 15, ’14 Paris Time Lapse