- May 22, ’13 How the Decline of the Traditional Workplace Is Changing Our Cities
- May 22, ’13 Whey Too Much: Greek Yogurt’s Dark Side
- May 22, ’13 The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- May 21, ’13 In defense of digital freedom
- May 21, ’13 Surveillance and the Internet of things
Feb 13, ’04 2:27 PM
Feb 13, ’04 9:51 AM
Some school systems are starting to equip certain grades with laptops. This article describes a survey Maine’s 2 year old 7th & 8th grade program.
There are many challenges to successful technology implementations, including:
- Opportunity cost (dollars & time) What are we not doing when we’re spending money on laptops & overhead for them?
- Training & Support
- Things change fast, are we better off to support our student’s critical thinking, rather than the latest windows, mac or linux pc? (I think we are). These tools will change quite a bit by the time the students enter the workforce.